Don’t Miss the Data Privacy Day Live Stream Jan. 28
Tune in January 28 as data privacy experts from around the world discuss regulations impacting anyone in the privacy space to recognize Data Privacy Day (DPD) 2020.
MediaPRO’s own Chief Learning Officer Tom Pendergast will be one of an estimated 200 data privacy pros in attendance at this year’s DPD live event starting at 10 a.m. PT Jan. 28 at LinkedIn’s San Francisco offices.
Data Privacy Day 2020: A Vision for the Future, sponsored by the National Cybersecurity Alliance, will also be live-streamed for free to share the fascinating conversations about data protection and accountability around the world.
Data Privacy Experts from Around the Globe
The event will offer keynotes and panel discussions with many noted authorities on privacy:
- Julie Brill, former U.S. FCC Commissioner current Corporate Vice President and Deputy General Counsel for Global Privacy and Regulatory Affairs, Microsoft
- Jared Ho, Senior Attorney, Division of Privacy and Identity Protection, U.S. Federal Trade Commission
- Joao Rodrigues, Senior Legal Adviser, European Parliament Liaison Office with the U.S. Congress
- Gregory Smolynec, Deputy Commissioner, Policy and Promotion Sector, Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada
CCPA and the Wake of Privacy Legislation in the U.S.
Tom Pendergast will be on the panel discussing the CCPA and the Wake of Privacy Legislation in the U.S.
The discussion will address the new California Consumer Privacy Act, the first legislation of its kind in the U.S. and considered by many to be a turning point around privacy for American consumers. Panelists will explore:
- The CCPA’s impact
- How other states are creating or enforcing privacy legislation
- How the many separate laws that are emerging holistically affect our national privacy
Other sessions include:
- A discussion of Privacy Across the Globe, a review of impacts of the GDPR on global privacy and privacy approaches in countries around the world
- A World Without Privacy, looking at what privacy means to us and how society needs to protect itself in a data-driven world
- Industry perspectives on Going Beyond Privacy Compliance to explore how industry can and should prioritize customers’ privacy and prepare for future laws
Along with the privacy leaders that will be in attendance, NCSA anticipates an online audience of more than 4,000 viewers. Check out the NCSA’s Data Privacy Day site for free resources and blog posts, and be sure to stop by our own page dedicated to this topic!