On-Demand IAPP Panel: Discussing Privacy Culture with Privacy Program Managers
Culture is messy.
While there are many models and theories about how you can influence culture, all of them shift and slide when put to the test in the unique environment presented by any one organization.
What’s a privacy training and awareness manager to do?
On-Demand Panel Discussion
In this privacy education web conference discussion, several privacy program managers will discuss their successes and challenges with building a data privacy culture within their organizations.
You’ll learn what they tried, what worked, what didn’t and other real-world lessons from these experts as they sought to increase awareness of privacy best practices and encourage consistent data-protecting behavior.
When: Watch Anytime
- Tom Pendergast, Chief Learning Officer, MediaPRO (Panel Moderator)
- Jana Landon, Chief Privacy Officer, Lincoln Financial Group
- Chris Pahl, Privacy Compliance Program Leader, Southern California Edison
- Steve Stalder, Senior Program Manager, Privacy, Ancestry.com
- How public perceptions about privacy impact the work of the privacy program manager.
- Areas where panelists have had the greatest success at reaching their objectives.
- Strategies for finding allies in the business.
- Tips for overcoming resistance to privacy-protecting measures.
Education and culture-building measures are notoriously hard to measure and slow to show real progress, but that doesn’t mean that they don’t work. We’ll hear from our panelists about how they knew they were making progress in both tangible and intangible ways, and you’ll leave this session with practical tips for finding success in your workplace.