Our feelings won’t be hurt when you say educating employees isn’t your favorite part of your job.
While important, the reality of training employees about cybersecurity is that it’s a time-consuming, often thankless task, that requires too much coordination, time, and budget.
The fact remains, though, that fostering a risk-aware corporate culture through security awareness has never been more important. Human-caused data breaches are still making headlines, and phishy emails are still letting the bad guys in. Increasingly popular cloud-storage tools are making it easier than ever to put sensitive data at risk, IOT devices are providing new inroads for the bad guys, and new breeds of malware continue to evolve on a daily basis.
One thing connects these threats: the role that employees play in keeping their organizations secure.
Cybersecurity is Everyone’s Job
It’s the need of cybersecurity know-how at work that’s the focus of the week three theme of NCSAM 2018: It’s Everyone’s Job to Ensure Online Safety at Work. Our Keeping Security Awareness Top-of-Mind toolkit features just-released original research exploring the general public’s security and privacy knowledge and includes deployable resources designed to remind employees of their important role in keeping information secure.
The toolkit resources include:
– MediaPRO’s ground-breaking annual research: The 2018 State of Privacy and Security Awareness Report and infographic
– 4 never-before-released posters to display around your workplace or distribute digitally to your employees, covering:
- The importance of keeping software up-to-date to avoid security risks
- How not to be a ransomware victim
- The importance of thinking before you share information on social media
- How access to data can make you a target for cybercriminals
– 3 cybersecurity tip sheets from STOP. THINK. CONNECT.
- Stay #CyberAware While On The Go – Safety Tips for Mobile Devices
- Ransomware Facts & Tips
- Passwords & Securing Your Accounts
– MediaPRO’s Employee Cybersecurity Pledge
Want to get the absolute best NCSAM toolkits delivered to your inbox each week in October? Sign up for all four of our NCSAM toolkits here!
Coordinated and led by the National Cyber Security Alliance and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, NCSAM has grown exponentially since its inception, reaching consumers, small- and medium-sized businesses, corporations, educational institutions and young people across the nation and internationally.