Communicate FCPA Policies and Procedures
This FCPA training course provides a high-level overview of the FCPA and its provisions, identifies what constitutes a bribe, and provides the skills to recognize inappropriate behaviors that could put individuals and companies at risk for violations.
In today’s global business environment, relationships play a key role in getting business done. That’s why it’s more important than ever that your employees understand how activities related to those relationships (bribes, gifts, travel or entertainment) might be perceived as unlawful under the FCPA.
Importance of FCPA Training
The FCPA’s anti-bribery provisions are intended to prohibit the bribing of foreign government officials. The accounting provisions establish record-keeping requirements to prevent falsification of records. All U.S. companies and individuals, citizens from other countries who work for U.S. companies, and U.S. foreign-incorporated subsidiaries are subject to FCPA compliance.
In addition to attaining overall FCPA compliance, the goal of the training is to create informed employees who understand your organization’s policies and expectations in regards to corrupt business practices. Informed employees make better business decisions, therefore lowering the risk of non-compliance.
FCPA Training Topics:
- FCPA Introduction and Provisions
- How the FCPA Defines “Foreign Official”
- Bribes and Other Improper Payments
- Guidelines for Gifts, Travel, Entertainment, and Charitable Donations
- FCPA Record Keeping
- Spotting FCPA Red Flags
- Minimizing Risks with Third Parties
- Consequences of Non-Compliance
- Reporting Potential FCPA Violations
FCPA Training Course Features
- Highly engaging FCPA content with interactive elements
- Real-life FCPA examples and applications
- Delivery can be online, via mobile devices, or offline
- SCORM and AICC compliant for easy LMS integration
- Easily tailored or customized to your organization
- Award-winning design