Defending and Protecting Intellectual Property
Intellectual property is all around your organization. All of the ideas, designs, systems, innovations, patents, etc. that give you a competitive advantage count as intellectual property–and they must be protected. Your intellectual property has significant impact on your business and your employees. When protected, intellectual property works for you, generating new business and profits. When compromised, the consequences can be devastating. After all, it is much easier to replace a lost laptop than a lost idea. Defending intellectual property against compromise is one of the most complex tasks your business faces.
Intellectual Property Training
Intellectual property training for your employees is needed so they can understand, identify, and report potential intellectual property violations. One of the biggest threats to intellectual property is employees giving it away without being aware of what they are doing.
Our Intellectual Property Compliance Training covers:
1. The various types of legal protection for intellectual property:
- Trade Secrets
- The TRIPS Agreement (Trade Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights)
2. How employees can defend against hackers who use similar techniques to steal intellectual property as with other data:
- Electronic Threats
- Social Engineering
- Password Guidelines
- Electronic Safeguards
- Electronic Communications Guidelines
3. Reporting incidents and violations:
- Data classification (green, yellow, or red depending on its need for protection)
- Partnership agreements for protecting intellectual property.
- Threats or incidents reporting.